Monday, October 25, 2010

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road...

I'm sure you've all noticed we haven't been posting much as of late, and you're probably suspecting something is amiss in Mark and Jen's world.

Well, this time you're right.

Jen and I have taken a break here ... I hate to call it a breakup, but she started a journal entitled "Diary of A Breakup", so if it quacks like a breakup .... it's probably a breakup.

I won't get into the gory details or the reasons why because I know when it comes to these kind of affairs, its ALWAYS the married guy that comes off as the bad guy. So go ahead -- have at me. I know I'll hear the inevitable "man up" remarks -- it comes with the territory. As time passes, I'll probably come clean with more details, but for now I've kind of been in shutdown mode. It's taken me almost a week now just to author this post since I only thought it fair that people should know what's become of us.

So bottom line, we short-circuited the one year "Plan" at the nine month mark, just as it had been short-circuited at the 6 month mark. Somehow we survived that one -- will we survive this? Only time will tell.

Hard to say if this blog maintains it's interest to any of you anymore, but if I sense there's still visitors and commenters, I'll be more than happy to continue writing. Like Jen, penning my thoughts is somewhat therapeutic for me, and perhaps it'll help me make sense of it all.

And perhaps at some point in the not so very distant future, we'll both be in this together again....

10 comments:

  1. I'm sad to hear this and wish you both the very best no matter what. Please do keep writing if its helpful. Writing in and of itself can be cleansing, regardless of readers.
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. :(

    You definitely should keep on writing, it has helped me in more ways than I ever thought possible. And I don't think any of us can say you're a bad guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you both~!

    Life has been crazy for us and we have not been blogging as much as we once were, we do mean to get back into it sooner rather than later.

    Such a shame to hear this news, damn shame knowing the great love/lust you two shared!

    Sigh

    L & A
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking as a fella who often reads but rarely speaks or writes here, I say YES you should keep writing. Yours is one of the more poignant and, in a way, helpful blogs. You will survive. I hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep penning Mark. there's always 2 sides or more to a story. i would love to hear your side of story too.

    on a lighter note, if you think the married man's the bad egg, then it's equally as bad for the single woman. let's put it this way - both the man & woman are given names. but nonetheless, it takes alot to make any decision considering the fact that it definitely hurts someone or everyone, especially for you.

    being a woman myself, i find Jen absolutely lovely. being a child myself, i respect your duties as a father. be strong. btw, is Jen's "Diary of a breakup" for real or not? haa


    God Bless you both :)



    - Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear this. Please do keep writing. As others have said, it can be very helpful. I hope both of you will continue to write and keep us posted. There are no "bad guys", just bad circumstances. My best wishes to both you and Jen. I'll also send some positive energy your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate all of this for you guys, but yes, I think you should write.
    Sorry about the news.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, please keep writing, you never know what will happen, maybe something good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "time takes you by the hand directs you where to go..."

    and it will.

    Beryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking about you two and hope you're each doing well, together or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts... we always welcome them, negative or positive... so, fire away !