Tuesday, June 1, 2010

With a Little Help From My Friends

Jen and I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone for the overwhelming response to our "State of The Relationship" posts at the end of last week. We were stunned by the quantity and quality of the heartfelt comments and the emails that many of you took the time to pen. Many of you telling similar stories, many of you simply offering words of encouragement. Some very familiar faces that we've chatted with so many times before, and some of you who have been quietly following our story, and chose these tandem of posts to voice your emotions. I won't list the names here, but you know who you are. We are trying hard to get back to each and every one of you, and are thoroughly enjoying the dialogue and the friendships we are establishing.

And as an update, Jen and I are stronger than ever. We spent a considerable amount of time together on Friday, and while these long holiday weekends without seeing each other would typically be very difficult for both of us to endure, we came out of it relatively unscathed and are looking forward to our time together today. And there's no doubt in my mind that all your comments and emails were a major factor in us getting through the weekend still very much in love. I often wonder, and I posted this question to Jen over the weekend, how different our relationship would be had we not started this blog. I can't say for sure if it would be any better or worse -- our relationship is stronger than that --- but it would definitely be .... different. But one thing is for sure, we would have missed out on a whole host of friendships. Just knowing that we're not on island here .. that there are couples out there going through similar circumstances.. learning how you dealt with it ...or didn't deal with it .. has made all the difference in the world.

Thanks again to everyone, and keep those comments and emails coming.. It means everything to us.

Mark & Jen

4 comments:

  1. I'm cheering for you guys :)
    (well, minus the short skirt and pom poms!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope that you two will be able to get through everything and be together. Your situation is difficult but the chance to have real love and acceptance is too rare to give up.

    Mark, children don't see their parents as people until they are older (some never do) but your girls will know the difference between a happy father and a miserable father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Spring oh be daring...we shall both wear short skirts and wave pom poms together hehehe

    Go Mark, Go Jen~!


    Al

    ;]

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring: Thanks so much for your comments and emails on not only this, but nearly all of our posts. We're happy to have you on our side pulling for us. And gee... I've heard plenty of stories about you Canadian Cheerleaders .... ;)

    Nitebyrd: I've read your comment here over and over, and I really take it to heart. My 10 year old sees me as a happy Dad, but my 12 year old is starting to see through the cracks in the surface. So yes .. the older they get, the wiser they get and I won't be able to hide behind this facade much longer. Time is certainly of the essence.

    Al: Now that I think of it, Jen was a cheerleader in High School as well. Perhaps she can dig out that skirt and pom-poms from the back of her closet. So you, Spring and Jen can all get your sis-boom-bah on!!! Now THAT'S a threesome I wanna see!!!

    Thanks again to everyone .. commenters and readers alike ... Your visits and kind thoughts are our best medicine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts... we always welcome them, negative or positive... so, fire away !